tel. 0141 433 7370
Frequently asked questions
Before you book a consultation or start a laser treatment plan, check out these laser hair removal FAQs. Here are some common queries clients ask at Ministry of Laser.
About the treatment
It’s normal to be nervous before your first laser hair removal treatment but we’re happy to be able to put your mind at ease! Before you book, your therapist can cover any concerns you may have at your free consultation and explain the procedure to you in full.
Your patch test will allow you to familiarise yourself with the sensation of the laser. Lots of our clients have compared the pulses to a tiny elastic band snapping against the skin. It is more than tolerable.
And if you should have any discomfort, your therapist can adjust the laser’s settings to ensure your comfort.
Your pre-treatment consultation and patch test are a fundamental part of the laser hair removal process.
These stages are a free part of the service where we invest the time in checking your medical history and ensuring suitability for the treatment. It’s also a great time to get to know your therapist and for us to answer any questions you have about the process, before you commit to the treatment.
The patch test is really important too. We use it to check that your skin is suitable for laser therapy and that you don’t have any adverse reactions to the laser before proceeding with the full treatment plan
Your initial sessions will be focused on thinning out your hair and reducing hair growth. This is achieved by using a lower level of heat to the hair follicle. You’re likely to feel a mild twanging sensation depending on how thick your hair is.
No you don’t have to buy a package, you can choose to pay per session or to pay for a package up front.
If you’d choose to pay upfront, your treatment costs reduce and we’ll also give you one free treatment during your course.
We offer payment plans to help you spread the cost, all packages can be paid over 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. Terms and conditions apply.
We’ve bundled up our most popular treatment packages, for example leg, bikini and underarm – designed to save you time and money! Visit our pricing page or contact us directly to discuss your needs.
About the laser technology we use
All Ministry of Laser procedures use the world leading Cynosure Elite Plus Laser, the most advanced technology available. Our system has undergone independent clinical trials and is found in clinics across the world.
Designed for a silky-smooth finish and maximum client comfort, the Cynosure Elite Plus laser is so safe and gentle it can be used on all skin types.
Cynosure’s advanced laser technology ensures proven hair reduction, while leaving the surrounding skin untouched. A constant leader in independent clinical trials, industry-proven wavelengths zap and destroy hair follicles and pigments by an average of 79% after just three sessions.
There are different wavelengths for laser hair removal. For example, people with darker skin tones respond better to a different wavelength than those with lighter skin.
The Cynosure Elite Plus Laser offers two optimal wavelengths in one system. This allows us to switch between wavelengths during a single procedure and select the most appropriate laser for any given hair or skin type.
There are lots of benefits to clients, including:
- New larger spot size: The largest spot size in the market means faster treatments and quicker results
- Faster treatments: So quick, you can book laser hair removal treatments on your lunch-break
- Quicker results: See results from as soon as the first treatment
- Duel-wavelengths: tailored treatment for all skin and hair types thanks to two different laser systems in one
- Nd:YAG technology emits 755nm and 1064nm wavelengths which accurately focus on the hair follicle without touching surrounding skin.
- The 755-nm Alexandrite has high melanin absorption characteristics and proven long-term results for pigmented hair reduction.
- The 1064-nm Nd:YAG wavelength is the safest wavelength for permanent hair reduction on tanned and darker skin types.
- Switching between the laser’s two wavelengths in a single procedure allows for customisable treatments using the most appropriate laser for your hair or skin type.
- Large 18 mm spot size as standard gives a 44% additional treatment area per pulse compared to standard 15 mm spot sizes
- Larger spot size options are also available – 20, 22 and 24mm allow for faster treatments
- The SmartCooling system provides a continuous flow of chilled air throughout the procedure for maximum comfort while protecting the tissue and skin from thermal damage.
The classic 755 nm wavelength has high melanin absorption characteristics and proven long-term results for pigmented lesion removal and hair reduction, permanently reducing hair by an average of 79% after just three treatments.
The 1064 nm Nd:YAG wavelength is the safest wavelength for permanent hair reduction on darker skin types and tanned skin and is the wavelength of choice for treating facial and leg veins, the most common form of vascular lesions.
The Cynosure Elite Plus Laser offers two optimal wavelengths in one system. This allows us to switch between wavelengths during a single procedure and select the most appropriate laser for any given hair or skin type. At your free consultation we’ll discuss this with you and ensure the right treatment for you.
No, IPL is not the same as laser treatment. While intense pulsed light (IPL) treatments have become popular in beauty salons, it’s much less effective than laser hair removal and tends to offer limited use on fairer skin. IPL can also be quite uncomfortable. Sometimes referred to as IPL Laser Treatment, this is misleading, as the beam does not involve a laser.
Maximise your results and care for your skin after your laser body hair removal treatment. Your skin may be a little more sensitive than usual because of the heat from the lasers. We recommend the following:
- Avoid heat if possible and don’t apply products for 24 hours or until sensitivity has reduced.
- You may apply aloe vera to help soothe your skin in the first 24-48 hours.
- Please regularly exfoliate
- Avoid waxing and plucking the treated area. You may shave as required.
Don't just take our word for it
Lovely feedback from our happy clients
Where to find us
The clinic is based in the heart of Glasgow city centre, just a short walk from Glasgow Central and Glasgow Queen Street train stations. There’s nearby NCP parking in Mitchell Lane just a 5-minute walk away.